Monday 14 February 2011

Using an old kit

So I've had this frame sitting here since before Christmas. Not really sure what I was going to do with it. Back 40 was sitting untouched in my stash - so I pulled it out and put it to use.

I cut up a sheet of Cosmo Pinwheels and traced the inside of the mat.
Then I grabbed the Basic Grey doillies
And roughly layed out where I wanted to put them
Pulled off the backing and stuck it down
And grabbed my JB butterflies - they are so sweet.


Layed them out and stuck them down

And grabbed some MM metal flowers
And stuck them between the butterflies
Carefully applied the mat.
And put it all together in the frame.
It turned out pretty cute. Now I just need to find room to put it!

13 comments:

  1. That is such a precious frame! May just have to borrow that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! If you don't mind, I'm going to lift you along with the butterfly collage Ali E. did with the smaller butterfly punch.
    We are decorating my daughter's room with a butterfly theme and I wanted to create the artwork for the walls :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute! Isn't great to use up old stuff from the stash?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really fun! Great way to use up your stash--just an excuse to buy more!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors are very sweet. Nice job on putting this together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so cute! may have to borrow this idea for my sister's new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fantastic project!! I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Kelly! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for coming to visit me and taking the time to leave me a message. Have a beautiful day xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...