Thursday 18 October 2012

AMH Multi-tasker tote

 I finished the bag. Woohoo!!
I followed the pattern with a few adjustments. I used heavy interfacing on all the pieces (except the straps) and I lined and interfaced the pocket too. I also added a magnetic snap - but I did it after the bag was made and oopsy - it doesn't line up. That's ok, I can live with it. I just have to remember that if I make another one.
I love the size of this one. It's substantial although not as big as Amy Butlers Spice Market tote.
I probably made a mistake with the interfacing - and if doing if again, I would still use heavy, but only line the exterior pieces. Hopefully it will soften over time and use.

I didn't get my skirt cut out yesterday, so today I am finishing the placemat tops. Along with some serious baking. I have a few kilos of bananas that need using!

Have a happy day,


Kel xxx

9 comments:

  1. this is STUNNING i love it, i so have to try making one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly this has turned out so beautifully! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your bag is really great! I like selfmade bags and this colors are my favorites! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, this is SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that looks gorgeous and you're gonna LOVE it!! Anna Maria came to Colorado in August, and taught the Multi-tasker Tote class, and we all just LOVE our bags! She actually had a rush put on her Field Study fabrics so they would be available at the shop in Denver when she got here, so a couple of people made their bags out of the Field Study fabric like you did. That whole line is just WICKED gorgeous! And it was REALLY inspirational to hear her speak about her creative process, how her life impacts her art, how her art impacts her life... :) She is a master-mind, that's for sure. And SHARP!! Brilliant is not a strong enough word for her.
    P.S. I believe your bag will soften a bit over time. I used mid-weight interfacing, and like that it's a bit stiffer than some that my friends made. It's perfect for a million things. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been so amazing! I tested it out on the weekend - it was perfect!

      Delete
  6. LOVE it! So happy you used just two fabrics, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment :)!! what a gorgeous bag!! love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for coming to visit me and taking the time to leave me a message. Have a beautiful day xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...