Keeping in mind that I am a beginner sewer, these are my thoughts on the bag:
- I think it was really worth paying attention to lining up the pocket panel and the main panel so that the design on the fabric lined up. (Too bad I forgot about the sides) But that doesn't bother me TOO much.
- There is a lot of cutting.(Naive me thought that was the worst part)
- I thought the way the zipper was installed was genius.
- I don't think the straps are wide enough to be comfortable. Especially if you had a heavy load.
- I used heavy Duty interfacing instead of the peltex. It still sits quite nicely. And it was cheaper.
- If you make this bag - it's probably worth adding a new pack of pins to the notions list. (Mine are totally destroyed)
- Keep a pack of bandaids beside you when you are sewing the bag together. I had a couple of injuries with all those pins!
- It got really frustrating sewing the bag together, I thought it was never going to end. And I was muttering swear words in my head the whole time.
- Hand sewing sucks. Alot. I would pay to have somebody do all the handsewing.