Sunday 6 January 2013

Basted

Well this has been a long time coming. In 2011 I learned to sew. I made 2 single bed quilts for my kids. Then totally fearless - I made a queen size top as I wanted a quilt for my bed. And that's where it ended. Then in 2012 I made the backing. Oh yes - good progress. I even bought the batting.
Then nothing.
I freaked out about it being so big that I couldn't do it on my own. So I put it off.
But being that I am on a strict budget and can't afford to send it out to be quilted - I am going to do it myself.
I spent today basting it. I ran out of pins. So had to spread them out a bit during the last half. Oops.
 I am claiming the dining table tomorrow. Loading up my bobbin. And just doing it.
I might need to spread it out over a couple of days.
Send me calm vibes - I 'll probably need them!

K xxx

4 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, can I tell you how incredibly impressed and envious I am that you're doing this? It's absolutely gorgeous. Keep going, girl! You'll be so glad to have it done and should feel immense pride in your handiwork! I'd love to see the finished product!

    Calm vibes calm vibes calm vibes...

    :)

    g

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fabulous so far. I know what you mean about putting stuff off because it seems such a big task but I think you have the right idea about just getting in a doing. I cannot wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are farther than me! In 2011 I bought a sewing machine but I have been putting off learning to sew...maybe this will be the year? I absolutely love the colors in your quilt...gorgeous! Hope you made some progress today...don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so sweet! Wish I knew how to sew!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for coming to visit me and taking the time to leave me a message. Have a beautiful day xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...