Sunday 23 January 2011

A bit of baking

Today is my better halves birthday. Last night I baked his birthday cake so that I had ample time to let it set.

He absolutely loves chocolate mousse. So it was only fitting that I make him a chocolate mousse cake. I got the recipe from Bill Grangers Bill's Basics book. (I also made the cheesecake out of it for my birthday)
Anyway - look at this yummy bowl of melted dark chocolate. It went into the cake.

When it came out of the oven it looked like this-
Then as it cooled - it sunk and collapsed (as it was supposed to) and looked like this
To which I added a huge batch of chocolate mousse. It smells absolutely divine.
Now I'm patiently waiting for the shops to open so I can grab a few more things for my marinade. For dinner I'm doing chicken satay skewers with satay dipping sauce, pineapple salad and special fried rice. (Satay chicken is his favourite meal)
He had to work last night so he's still asleep. But when he wakes I'm going to be making his favourite brekky - eggs benedict.
I just hope I have enough time to get to the shops before he wakes up!!
I think I'll be right.

Well - I better get to it.
Have a happy Sunday,

3 comments:

  1. That cake looks delicious!! I want a bite! Enjoy your day with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering looking at that cake!! And the chicken satay doesn't sound too shabby either! Enjoy the birthday celebration :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for coming to visit me and taking the time to leave me a message. Have a beautiful day xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...