Friday 1 July 2011

A very long week

Ok. In the past week we have celebrated my baby girls 13th birthday. We had a roller skating party. The girls all had a ball. And it was a really great idea getting glow necklaces as it made it a heap easier to keep track of the kids in the dark!

Then we celebrated my beautiful boys 15th birthday. He was so sick. But he was determined to have a good time. So we got up at 5:30am and headed up the coast to a massive Kart track. We had a fantastic time. The little Miss didn't want a turn so she was the official photographer for the day.



I won my choice of a pattern - so I picked this one by Amy Butler. Can't wait to try it out.



So I ordered some fabric for it (the bottom 2 in the stack). The rest of the fabric is for the quilt that I'm going to make for Caitlin. If all goes to plan - my first class should be next weekend.
And this week I also chopped all my hair off. It feels much better.
And finally - we have to start looking for a new place to live. I've found one that I like. Might go check it out this weekend. It's a bit over the budget but I think it's going to be the only place where we'll be able to fit everything in.
I'll probably get more serious about looking once the kids go back to school. Right now I just want to enjoy the holidays. So far I've got 2 people down with the flu, and I'm crossing my fingers that it goes no further.

Anyway - have a Happy Weekend, whatever you may be doing,

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, my kids have had something, too! This has been one crazy summer, so I can relate.
    Good luck with hunting for a new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, I hope your family gets well soon! It looks like they've been having a fun summer - skating party sounds so fun - I haven't been to one of those since I was a kid. LOVE your pattern and fabric - you are taking a class to make it? Let us see when you get done. Love the pic of you with your kitty on your lap. I have kitties too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO MORE FLU - hope your house is healthy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're looking fabulous Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for coming to visit me and taking the time to leave me a message. Have a beautiful day xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...