Wednesday 8 May 2013

Food Connect box 1


 Yesterday I received my first Food Connect delivery. I had ordered a vege box, a fruit box and some extra goodies: beetroot, pears, yoghurt, eggs and a pane loaf.
It all looked beautiful and I couldn't wait to start making something.
So for dinner last night I decided to use those beautiful beetroots. Along with the salad leaves, and the most delicious bread I have ever tasted, and some fetta.
 First of all I diced up the beetroots and put them in a pan with a splash of olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt & pepper. I roasted them until tender. And while they were cooling I sliced up that gorgeous loaf of bread and toasted both sides.
 Then I topped each slice with a handful of salad leaves, the diced beetroot and diced fetta.

It was truly a delicious meal. Which I finished with a spoonful of that scrummy vanilla yoghurt for dessert.
And I'll be having a just as delicious leftover salad for lunch. Yum.
Excited for dinner tonight!

Thanks Food Connect and the farmers - you've got another happy customer!






5 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny. I had never heard of Food Connect until today and I have now seen it three separate places! The produce looks amazing. I love beetroot roasted. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I do not like beetroots, but this just looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks insane. I want to try it now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for coming to visit me and taking the time to leave me a message. Have a beautiful day xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...