Tuesday 15 October 2013

Calling all Mummies!

So I have a dilemma. I'm trying to figure out which kind of diaper bag I want to make. I've bought 2 patterns but can't decide.
The first one is Sara's Aragon Bag.
I love this bag because it zips up - therefore keeping everything clean and contained. And I know how much care Sara takes writing her patterns - so I know it's been checked and will be easy to follow for my poor exhausted baby brain.


Or - do I choose this one, the Craft Apple Diaper Bag
I love the phone pouch. And it looks really easy = fast. Easy to throw things in and dig things out.

So this is where you step in. Since I've been so out of practise for so long.
What is important in a diaper bag? What couldn't you live without? Or simply - which one do you think will better suit the job?

Please help. I'm stuck! And I am getting bigger quickly - pretty soon I won't fit behind my sewing machine!



5 comments:

  1. I have never made the Craft Apple Diaper Bag but I have made a couple if different ones that are very similar in style and I have made the Aragon Bag. I have a 19 month old and a now nearly 12 hour old and I can say I definitely prefer the Aragon Bag. I did change the pockets a little by putting elastic pockets on both sides of the lining instead of a zippered interior pocket. I hope you figure out which ones works best for you and I look forward to seeing the finished product!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Angela. Your bubby is absolutely adorable. Thanks for your opinion - I think Sara's pattern is the way to go for sure!

      Delete
  2. I'm no mommie yet, but I'd always prefer a bag that has a real closure like a zipper! Most of my girlfriends used to only take their diaper bag with then when they headed out, so the money would be in there, too.. Plus I love the pattern of the first one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good point. Thanks Sandra!

      Delete
  3. First, congratulations!!! LOVE that first bag, and amazing that you can *make* it! How great. I'm so envious of people who can sew useful things!!

    I have been through 4+ diaper bags with 2 kids, and definitely recommend one with a zipper across the top. Ours is always falling over, and with just a magnetic flap closure, things inevitably fall out. I have tons of little stuff in mine like lip balm, diaper cream, energy bars for my 4yo, pens, etc. and limited zip pocket space, so things are always getting lost. So definitely a top zipper, and I'd recommend a bag with some individual compartments inside so you can easily find stuff. (Or use little zip pouches inside to separate baby stuff and your own stuff. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for coming to visit me and taking the time to leave me a message. Have a beautiful day xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...