Sunday 11 March 2012

Banana Muffins

My mum came round and took the kids to see Journey 2: The mysterious Island in 3d today, so I spent some time baking. I made 2 batches of muffins as I had a heap of overripe bananas to use up.
I didn't get a good pic as I already wrapped them and stuck them in the freezers for the kids lunch boxes.
They were nice and somewhat healthy, so I thought I'd post both of the recipes I used.Both recipes I found at www.taste.com.au
Banana and Rolled Oat muffins (I worked these out to be 255 calories)


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups (260g) self-raising flour
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
  • 1 cup (100g) rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup (185g) plain no-fat yoghurt
  • 1/4 cup (60ml) canola oil
  • 2 bananas, mashed (250g)
 Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper cases.
  2. Sift flour, cinnamon and soda into a bowl. Empty the flour husks from the sifter back into the bowl along with the oats and brown sugar, and stir to combine.
  3. Whisk eggs, yoghurt and oil together. Add banana and stir to combine. Pour into dry ingredients and mix together using a wooden spoon until just combined. Mixture may be lumpy and does not have to be evenly mixed.
  4. Spoon mixture into paper cases. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

 Banana Honey muffins  (I worked these out to be 206 calories)


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
  • 1 cup self-raising flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup raw sugar
  • 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
  • 1 cup mashed banana
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup extra-light olive oil
  • 2 eggs, lightly whisked
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a 12-hole 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan.
  2. Sift flours, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl. Stir in sugar and desiccated coconut. Make a well in the centre.
  3. Whisk banana, 1/4 cup honey, oil, egg and yoghurt in a jug. Pour into well. Gently fold until just combined. Three-quarter fill muffin holes with mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes in pan. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.


    I feel like I'm coming down with a cold this afternoon. Glad I'm only making pizza tonight - so it'll be quick & easy dinner. And early to bed.

    Hope you are having a relaxing Sunday

4 comments:

  1. Oh yummy. Those banana and honey ones sound super delish. Think I shall make some of those too. I made the flourless choc & orange cake and it was so yummy. It wasn't until it was nearly all gone that I noticed the butter still sitting in the fridge. oops I had forgotten to add it :-)
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Leanne. Haha - at least it still worked out. Think of all the calories you saved ;o)

      Delete
  2. woo, this sounds yummyyyy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for coming to visit me and taking the time to leave me a message. Have a beautiful day xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...