I didn't get a good pic as I already wrapped them and stuck them in the freezers for the kids lunch boxes.
They were nice and somewhat healthy, so I thought I'd post both of the recipes I used.Both recipes I found at www.taste.com.au
- 2 cups (260g) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup (100g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (185g) plain no-fat yoghurt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) canola oil
- 2 bananas, mashed (250g)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper cases.
- Sift flour, cinnamon and soda into a bowl. Empty the flour husks from the sifter back into the bowl along with the oats and brown sugar, and stir to combine.
- Whisk eggs, yoghurt and oil together. Add banana and stir to combine. Pour into dry ingredients and mix together using a wooden spoon until just combined. Mixture may be lumpy and does not have to be evenly mixed.
- Spoon mixture into paper cases. Bake for 20 minutes or
until golden and cooked through. Cool for 5 minutes before transferring
to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup extra-light olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a 12-hole 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan.
- Sift flours, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl. Stir in sugar and desiccated coconut. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk banana, 1/4 cup honey, oil, egg and yoghurt in a
jug. Pour into well. Gently fold until just combined. Three-quarter fill
muffin holes with mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer
inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes in pan.
Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
I feel like I'm coming down with a cold this afternoon. Glad I'm only making pizza tonight - so it'll be quick & easy dinner. And early to bed.
Hope you are having a relaxing Sunday
Oh yummy. Those banana and honey ones sound super delish. Think I shall make some of those too. I made the flourless choc & orange cake and it was so yummy. It wasn't until it was nearly all gone that I noticed the butter still sitting in the fridge. oops I had forgotten to add it :-)ReplyDelete
Glad you enjoyed it Leanne. Haha - at least it still worked out. Think of all the calories you saved ;o)Delete
woo, this sounds yummyyyy! :)ReplyDelete
those sound delish!ReplyDelete