Saturday 28 April 2012

Chilly pickles

It is cold today. Actually it has been for the past few days. Had to go out in the rain today and vote. Came home soaked. This is the view from my back door. The ground is so wet.
My kitties are keeping me warm. Violet only snuggles with me on the couch. She has been sweet company for me this week while I have been feeling unwell.
 And Dash is always on my lap when I'm at the computer.


Last week I painted my nails. And as soon as I took the polish off I chopped my nails off. Does anyone else do that? It's like I get to a certain length and then have to hack them off. I do the same thing with my hair too.
My nail polishes won't be getting a workout anytime soon. My nails are very very short!!

I am still plugging along with the granny squares. I'm up to 3 now.
Kinda sick of the colours and need more wool. I don't think my technique is there yet but I think I am improving slightly.
And today I finally placed an order for some fabric for the Patchwork Prism Quilt-A-Long


I decided on using Anna Maria Horner's Innocent Crush and Loulouthi. I got all of it from Hawthorne Threads.
Can't wait until it arrives and I can start cutting. In the meantime I still have a lot on my to do list.
Maybe if I aim to cut something out tonight - I might get time to sew it together tomorrow. Maybe.

Hope you are having a super productive weekend -

Kel xxx

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, you do have a ton to do! I hope you get feeling better very soon :-) And I hate having my nails long too! I never polish my nails because I become so aware of the trim they need, ha ha!
    So I signed up for that prism quilt along too but I haven't done anything yet. Do you have to do it in rainbow colors? I like the pattern a lot but I wanted to do something more monochromatic. Maybe that won't work with that particular pattern. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awesome Lu. I think I saw someone doing it in all neutrals. I think that is going to look cool. I'm kinda freaking out as I only really bought 1 light and 1 dark of each colour. Thinking I need much much more variety now. But I really want to just stick with AMH prints. I could also be way overthinking it. I think I'll just have to start cutting and see what I think and just go from there. I cannot wait to start. Such a beautiful pattern. Can't wait to see yours. No doubt it will be super amazing xxx

      Delete
  2. Kelly, are you feeling better already? rest as much as you can!! I can't stand long nails too.. and what's worse, I can't stand having my nails painted, only toenails. I feel like I can't do anything with painted nails. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for coming to visit me and taking the time to leave me a message. Have a beautiful day xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...