Thursday 11 October 2012

Fail

So I started out Monday with very good intentions. I got straight to cutting & sewing. I made 9 list takers instead of 4. But I got stuck at the end as I don't have the correct size note pads. And I need a water soluble pen.
 So I have them ordered and I packed away the list takers.
 Then Tuesday I tried to make the coin purses that mum wants. I bought a pattern but there is about 30 pieces to it. Um no. Not for 6 of them thanks.
So I tried the little pattern Mum wanted. It was the most terrible finish you've ever seen.

So I quit for the day, made pizza and relaxed with the kids.
Yesterday I came up with a plan B. I found a tutorial and tried it out. I messed it up. But it is easy enough to have another go at it. This one didn't get thrown across the room!
 I should have moved onto pouches today but my sweet girl needs a bag for gym. So she raided my Field Study stash last night and chose these.
SO today I am trying to make the bag - I'm going to make Amy Butlers Spice Market tote bag, and the big pouches for Christmas. I only have to do 2. And bake some muffins for hubby. And I'll save the pouches for tomorrow when I have a free day as I teach my friend to sew every Friday.
Crossing my fingers for a bit more success today.

1 comment:

  1. Oh so much beautiful fabric in one post! I like todays plan and if all else fails you will still have made muffins!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for coming to visit me and taking the time to leave me a message. Have a beautiful day xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...